Sex Your Brain 2011-12
Hey Sex Your Brain fans, I’m sorry about the long absence of news and updates!
I’ve just been really busy with my full time science teaching job (somebody has to pay the bills for this site) and brainstorming how to improve Sex Your Brain in 2012, which I’m really excited about.
Before we get to 2012 though, let’s take a look back at 2011 which was a HUGE year of growth for us…
Stats from Sex Your Brain in 2011:
- Over 250,000 pageviews, up from 90,000 in 2010.
- More than 5,000 completed sex surveys!
- Increased our Facebook fan base to over 500…
- Our readers spent over 3,000 hours reading our fun, free and educational sex trivia.
- Our email subscriptions tripled in size.
- We launched our Twitter account: SexYourBrain
- We updated our website banner and logo!
So, what’s next?
Goals for Sex Your Brain in 2012:
- Find 6-10 sex-pert writers to help contribute.
- Surpass 500,000 pageviews.
- Reach 1,500 Facebook fans.
- Top 10,000 surveys, in 2012 alone.
- Increase our email subscriptions five-fold.
- Post the sex survey data into age/gender groups.
- Include a monthly theme for blog articles to elicit more dialog, comments and debate.
Fortunately, we are already well on our way to reaching these goals, as I already have two amazing sex-perts lined up to contribute. Woot!
Our first new contributor/author is the veteran sex blogger Dr. Amy Marsh, a certified sexologist, who is absolutely one of the best, and most compassionate writers about human sexuality. We are very lucky to have her join us and here’s a sample of a recent video montage she put together: The Simplest Secret of Sex.
That’s all for now…but stay tuned for work from our new writers and more exciting additions to the Sex Your Brain team!