Should I get a labial piercing?
Over the last few weeks, I’ve gotten some fascinating sex questions. Please keep them coming and I’ll try to keep up on my answers.
Question: Should I get my labia pierced?
Answer: Choosing to put an extra hole in any body part is a big decision, let alone in your genitals. Getting a labial piercing is something you should consider carefully using the following four questions:
1. Why do you want to pierce your labia?
- If it’s for added sexual pleasure, you’d be much better off buying a vibrator.
- If it’s to please someone else, it’s probably a bad idea. (I guess it’s not as stupid as getting a tattoo for someone—at least the piercing can be removed.)
- If you simply like the thought/image of putting metal bling in your labia, read on.
2. Where exactly do you want the piercing?
- Do NOT get a piercing through your clitoris as it is too sensitive. Most female genital piercings are done through the clitoral hood or parts of their labial lips
- Choose a location wisely and think if it be comfortable in everyday activities. (Imagine it rubbing you wrong on the elliptical.)
3. Are you comfortable having your intimate bits handled by the local piercer?
- The piercer will probably be used to it, but will you be okay giving them complete access to your precious parts…
- Also, you may want to ask your sexual partner what they think about someone else handling your bits during the piercing. (Assuming your partner is not a professional piercer.)
- If I were going to get surgery on my genitals, I would make certain to get the best damn doc around. Piercing is no different!
- If you don’t know a professional piercer, here is a great resource for finding one. Make sure to ask questions of your potential piercer to find out how much experience they have with labial piercings.
- Listen to your professional piercer’s advice on caring for your new piercing. You want to avoid a piercing infection!